"We should be preparing our bodies for what life throws at you."
~ Mike McAuley
This third #TimPageFitForLife interview is with Michael McAuley.
Michael graduated from the University of Ulster in Sports Coaching. A creative and effective entrepreneur, he is Owner of EXSTO Fitness & Fitness Trainer at EXSTO Gym.
Michael, Fitness Trainer to Ruth and myself for 18 months, talks about the 'massive' health benefits of fitness including the physical, mental, emotional and occupational aspects of our lives.
Michael sees one of his aims as to "try and just get people moving", citing the American Heart Association as one of thousands of resources available on the web.
Thank you to Michael for getting me moving. After 18 months, I'm the strongest and fittest that I've ever been ... I can recommend him as a Fitness Trainer who can help prepare his clients for what life may throw at them. Thanks also to Andy Magowan, cameraman for this interview, who's up next in our fourth interview.
If you would like to donate to LLNI, the BTmydonate site is here
In case you missed them, previous interviews were with
- Dr. Mary Drake, Consultant Haematologist - Overview of Blood Cancers
- Laura Croan, Clinical Nurse Specialist - Physical Fitness for Patients
Next week, a further three interviews will be posted:
- Andy Magowan - Exsto Gym - Benefits of sports massage
- Prof Ken Mills - LLNI - the importance of research
- Dr. Kyle Matchett - LLNI - repurposing of drugs